So Annie asked me to do the 7 Random Things test. I think Annie's first one is my favourite. I just got a very vivid scene of her on the sofa with a baking tray of oven chips. I am now looking forward to Rachel's response.
1. I always have cold feet. Any opportunity I get to not wear socks and shoes I take. This often means I wash my feet at odd times of the day, but I hate grimey feet. When I was really young I spent a summer trying to walk up our back lane over the stones hoping that my feet would get tougher the more I practiced, then I'd never have to wear shoes again. My feet never made it.
2. I always have to tidy up before I start making something as I make so much mess. Sometimes though, I spend so long tidying up I never get round to starting the project. I secretly love tidying. I could tidy all day long every day. This does not make me a tidy person you understand. I am a messy person who just likes ordering their own stuff and warring with myself over my inability to throw anything away.
3. I wish I could touch type. For a long time now I have been thinking that if I could type quicker and more accurately I would have more time to improve what I say and notice when I spell things wrong. I have been toying with the idea of taking a week off work and enrolling in an intensive course, but then I always talk myself out of it by thinking I could spend that time and money on the beach.
4. I found a wholesale place selling giant rick-rack the other week and I am kicking myself that I didn't buy any. I decided not to buy things if I don't have a specific project in mind. I am starting to regret such a rash decision.
5. I am a great starter but a shit finisher. I pile bags of half finished things into any space I can find. If you were to open my cupboards you'd probably find a family of tramps living in there. This all stems from the problem that I can't throw things away. I always think things might come in useful, even if I haven't touched them in 10 years. I endlessly sift through my stuff throwing one or two things away a year, then I secretly mourn their loss. I wish I could throw away huge amounts in one go. I think it would lift the burden of knowing I have so much useless crap around.
6. I love storage boxes and Tuperware. I have a problem. If you let me loose I'd buy them all the time. I bought 6 last week. They are full already. One day I will have a cellar full to the brim of all my rubbish in neat see through storage boxes that I'll probably never look in.
7. I wish my friends lived nearer to me. I wish we all lived on the same street and could spend evenings knitting and drinking wine together. I don't know how it is that we manage to be so far apart, but I sometimes dream we all live above MacDonalds.
Here is a picture of my latest purchases from the Quilt show I went to with Rachel and the project I bought them for. It's time to relearn applique. I did some applique on a my first proper quilt I made for Rowan, but I never took a photo of it. One day...