Sunday, September 12, 2010
In honour of the local street party, I decided to make some bunting. I didn't want to sacrifice any of my stash though so I decided to do a shabby chic version using my growing amount of scraps which I can pooled into the large scrap bag.
I didn't have whole pieces so I had to sew bits together.
I got a bit carried away and just started sewing anything I could find onto it.
I didn't make it doubled sided, I just got the pinking shears out and went for it. I quite like the results. I made one lot with some bias binding I had. Hand sewing seemed to take forever so I made a second batch on the machine.
Ta-da! it looked a bit small in the end but at least it was something