Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sewing case

Patchwork

Today I decided to make a sewing case just like my mums. It's an old fashioned thing really but I really like it so here I am rummaging through the scrap bag, trying to dig out my favourite materials I have kept all the ickle bits of. It seems like a good holiday project. I thought I might make two at the same time. The pattern is from an old magazine that my mum bought me when I first started out.

Patchwork

I had forgotten how rubbish I am at flying geese though. I just keep trimming them, then I trim them again. I swear they are now an inch smaller than the pattern. I am not sure about using templates either. They seem less accurate than cutting them straight from the measurements.

1 comment:

Erika Mulvenna said...

I feel the same way about flying geese - I made a set of potholders once with a flying geese inset, and it turned out all wonky! Great little pattern, hope it turns out for you!