Another sunny, quiet morning with light streaming into the warehouse. After croissants I decided to make up my first block, which came together pretty quickly. Only three more to go. I worked it out that I scaled every Half Square triangle down to 2 1/2" as I wanted it to be a bit smaller and more delicate. Then I cut a central block 4 1/2". I like it when sizes match my rulers.
I laid out the blocks in the order I wanted then started sewing them together a bit at a time.
I sewed them into blocks of four, ironing my seams flat all the way through. It takes me much longer with all the ironing but I am on a constant mission to be more accurate with points.
Here's the other side of the finished block. It gets pretty lumpy where points meet making the material ruck up so flat seams seem to help a lot. Believe you me, I have done it both ways. It is a bit anal though.
Voila! The finished block. It's not perfect which was a bit disapointing and I even had to undo a few seams and resew them, but it's pretty good. The finished block is 12 1/2" so now I just need to make the remaining three and see if they are good enough to butt up together or whether I will make the whole thing bigger by putting white blocks inbetween.