Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cushion at last!

20140607-P1350753
I promised my other half that I would make him a cushion about, oh, two years a go. So here we are! Well sort of. I thought I would make two kinds. One out of normal quilting cotton and one out of thicker deco fabric. So here is the quilting fabric version. I didn't make my casing too tight as I get annoyed by over plump pillows. Is it just me? I like to squish myself into a cushion. I feel it might be a tad over baggy. I have a bigger form I can squash into it if need be though.

20140607-P1350765
I was going to do a zippered edge but zips cost money so I opted for the flap form. I might unpick an old zip for the next one and see which I prefer. I added a slightly different fabric on the back because I couldn't resist. I really like it.

20140607-P1350760
I had to add the standard useless tags of course. I really like the black against the yellow.

20140607-P1350757
And another.

20140607-P1350770
I think I might keep this one on the poor brown sofa I hate so much. This was the emergency pregnancy sofa purchase. It was interest free, it was big enough to lie on at 40 weeks and quite frankly, I just wanted to sit down and eat an eclair as soon as we got to the showroom, so we ended up with the brown monster which is to see us through the dirty years so we can buy a really nice one when Penelope has stopped smearing. Ten years? Sigh. I was so offended by the brown tartan cushions that I threw them in the cellar. I might unpick the zips and cast my mind to creating some nice ones to replace them. I can't decide whether to make them all the same, all yellow or a mismatch of colours.

No comments: