Monday, February 07, 2011

This weekend

Material

I bought some new material as a get well soon present for myself, from here. I have really been trying not to as it's Chilford on 13th March and since I am finishing off projects I don't really need any. But at last I have finished the stripey quilt. I am just tying off all the ends then I shall show it to you. As for Chilford, I feel I have earnt the right to go as I have finished this huge unfinished project. Now I just have to apply myself to the multi coloured dream quilt and then I can finally start on the sawtooth star quilt.

Sawtooth_mag.jpg

In the meantime I am also knitting. I am practising cable stitches from my Cabling book I received for Christmas. I'm not quite sure what I will do with the squares when they are complete. Maybe make them into a multi coloured blanket for a baby as they are every soft. We'll see. I'm doing them in pockets of free time so they won't form into anything for a very long time.

Knitting

1 comment:

Claire Vincent said...

how weird, I was just looking at the Cloud 9 fabric on 'Mis for make' last night? There really is some lovely bits on that site.

One of the things on my to do list is to knit cable cushion covers, they look nice and snuggly with big toggly buttons on, c x