Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bank Holiday

20110422-P1120510.jpg

So here it is. My grandad's pillow cases. The cotton is so soft and cool to touch. Can I really cut it up? Gulp.

20110422-P1120508.jpg

I sifted through the enormous scrap bag I have. I have decided that I have to use some scraps with every quilt just to get it down a bit. I think doing a small hexagon quilt will help reduce the mountain, but that's a long way off. For now, I have just pulled out a few things including a great stripey sheet I got from Emmaus with Ray for £1!

20110422-P1120505.jpg

I opened Kim's bundle I bought which I always hate doing as it never looks as perfect again.

I really am on a roll here!

20110422-P1120501.jpg

I even started laying it out. All I need to do is start sewing!

Maybe I'll just do some gardening on the terrace first. Prepare myself and decide which kind of quilt I am going to make! I might just start and see what happens. Not much of a plan I know...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks lovely so far. Congrats on making the snip into your grandads fabrics. Nail biting moment. Looking forward to seeing the final result.