Friday, April 01, 2011
So at last the speaker quilt is done. I am free of the task which has been sitting on my list if things to do for what seems like years.
I based it on this lovely Amy Butler quilt really. Although her one is a bit too wonky for my virgoan tendencies.
I did the same as before by sewing an odd patch of buttons on it and using the letter function on the Bernina to write some words associated with its owner. I did them all really badly but I quite like that.
And I also tried some of the other decorative stitches that I never use.
Now that is out of my system, and now that my 'Warm and Natural' wadding arrived from Quilt Direct, I am ready to baste together my big psychedelic quilt this weekend. I am a convert to the spray glue method. I washed my last quilt in the washing machine and it seemed fine so spray glue is cool with me. my mum thinks it takes away from the process, but basting is my least favourite part and is always the moment where I stop a project and out it away forever, so I think, well, you might as well choose not to spend time on the things you don't like.