So this morning I put a new blade in my cutter as yesterday I cut myself twice by pressing too hard and slipping. There is nothing quite so satisfying as a new blade.
I decided to double the fabric when cutting this time. I just made sure the salve edges lined up then cut from there. It seems to have worked well.
I chose the colours for my first block by looking at the pattern diagram, material A is in blue and material B in grey, so I just thought it would make life easier following those colours. So today is different as my colours are different. We have red spots and grey stripes, then peachy pattern and peachy stripes. All are fabrics from the suggested range. I decided to use colour coded dot stickers to mark out the two fabrics as I think it can get tricky later on if not.
So now I have everything cut for two blocks in the time it would have taken to cut one. Not bad. But it's now time to do all the things I have been putting off all weekend so I might not get any more done today. At least it's all there waiting for me. More later if I get back to it.