So it's chill out time. Here is today's progress so far. Above is the setup. On the right is the programmer, silently tapping away, on the left is the sewing machine; my domain.
I didn't use templates in the end, I just used my rulers. It was pretty straightforward.
I decided to cut 4 big squares instead of rectangles to save on space. You can see from the bits at the side how much I had left over.
I chain pieced everything together then ironed it flat.
I cut my half square triangle pieces a little bigger to start with so I had a bit of trim. So they were 4" instead of 3 7/8. Then I trimmed them down to exact size using the diagonal as a guide. I am hoping this extra time gives me good points. I am rubbish at points, just rubbish.
Now I am ready to sew these units together now I have been to the shops to get my roast dinner ingredients for tomorrow, had lunch and had a little chill out on the sofa. Here we go again!