Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sofa time

Liberty mini So with ten days before giving birth I find myself more and more restricted to the sofa. I could be binding my Swoon offcut quilt but I'd have to make the binding first. I could be sewing together my sawtooth star blocks but then I wouldn't be able to put my puffy feet up. So I suddenly decided to insert a totally new project!

20111105-P1170324.jpg My mum gave me some Liberty fabric as she saw I had bought a little pack of it from Sunflower fabrics for my postage stamp quilt and then later asked for the 'Liberty in the Cabin' kit by Ruth Eglinton from Sunflower fabrics, I am just having a Liberty moment it seems.

Liberty mini So I made some templates and cut some strips. Now I am ready to give it a go. It might be too tiny. It might be perfect! We'll see how tricky it turns out to be.

Liberty Mini I decided to make the hexagons solid colours and the stars from the patterns. The patterns are lawn but the solid is voile so we'll see how that works out.

No comments: