Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sorry!

Penelope's Quilt

Hexagon Quilt I meant to post some pictures of the finished hexagon quilt then got totally overcome with baby duties. I don't know where the day goes? Anyway here they are!

20121128-P1230672.jpg It was a really time intensive project, more work than Brennan's mini durham quilt by far. I even used different colour thread to quilt the hexagons and stars. I really don't think I would have finished it under normal circumstances. I really enjoyed the process though and I feel that the finished quilt has a soft, oldy-worldy feel to it that I love. There is nothing modern in this quilt. The delicate Liberty fabric seems perfect for this project.

20121128-P1230678.jpg The only shortcut was the binding which I bought readymade as I just came across it in our local craft shop and loved the subtle colour difference between it and the backing.

20121128-P1230690.jpg I might sew Penelope's name on the back as this really is her quilt. Every swollen ankle moment I sewed it. During contractions I bounced on the ball sewing it. I even took it to hospital and let it sit in the labour room in the suitcase. And every late night feed it has sat on the sofa waiting to be finished. Now Penny is three months and normal life is just starting to filter back, it seems fitting that it be finished.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, and so is Penny x

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, and so is Penny!

Pippa said...

Gorgeous quilt. Penelope is such a cutie! Did I mention that I love the name Penelope? If it weren't my mum's name, I'd have loved to call my daughter Penny. But then I had a son, so none of that mattered anyway. You have great taste. I always love visiting your blog.

Jaypeg said...

Thanks Pippa, I am honoured that you still drop by. I think your mum has a great name! It's a bit of a mouthful though. Otis is much neater and more compact!

Very Berry Handmade said...

I know this post is ages old, but just wanted to say how lovely this quilt is - and very cute baby too. Bet she's just a little bit bigger now!

Jaypeg said...

Thanks Ali! I look back and can't believe I made it all by hand. It has got me hooked on Liberty fabric though, it's just such lovely quality. I am using it in a postage stamp quilt which will probably take years.