Monday, January 19, 2015

Foundation Piecing update!

20150119-P1380174
I decided to try and finish my block. It was a lovely bright day and it came together perfectly. The inspiration for all this came from wanting to make a kit that mum bought me which uses foundation piecing. I knew I wanted a mini practice before starting it. Then I saw Pink Caramel's blog and her lovely mini Goose Tracks block. Such lovely colours and I love the narrower centre. I really wanted my colour palette to be as nice as hers. Subdued and tasteful with a pink/peach mix.

20150119-P1380175
So off I went, found this excellent tutorial. I laid out the blocks at the end and decided that yes, I too wanted narrower centres.

20150119-P1380189
Ta da! I am so pleased with it. It is so perfect! Who knew foundation piecing could be so amazing? Well actually, I remember Claire telling me it was her favourite thing. Claire, you were so right!

20150119-P1380200
Here it is in context next to the excellent pin cushion that Claire bought me for my birthday which I still haven't rung up and thanked her for. It is beautiful and my block is beautiful. I am going to make the other colour ways that Pink Caramel has created as I am rubbish with colour. It's also made me love these fabrics again. They are so old. All from Sunflower fabrics years and years a go. The dash of peach though is from The village Haberdashery. It is a lovely soft Robert Kaufman Cambridge Lawn. I think this is mango. I wish I had bought more now. I really want to buy some Cookoo's Calling from there, And the flourescent sun print and the Cotton and Steel sparkle. Arrrrggh. I wish I had money!

No comments: