Monday, May 10, 2010

Blasts from the Past





This quilt was the first proper quilt I ever made. I made two before this but the top was already premade and I just sandwiched it all together really ineptly. But I was 17 when I made those. This one I made when I was in my twenties for my best friend's baby. He's just turned 11, making it seem like such a long time a go! I love how soft it is now from years of use. You can see my first ever applique I did. It's not half bad even if I do say so myself. I was so chuffed with myself when I finally completed it.

2 comments:

Claire Vincent said...

I can't believe he's 11! That really has flown, your quilts have definitely got more complex since.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like to think I get a bit more adventurous with each quilt and that I try to learn something new with each one.

I can't believe he's 11 either. It feels like yesterday I lay on the living room floor cursing over that quilt!