Friday, January 02, 2015

Jitterbug part 1


So the quilt along begins! If you want to join in then you need the Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts book by Pam and Nicky Lintott. We are making the Jitterbug quilt featured on the cover. Sorry for the bad pictures, I broke my memory card so my phone is stepping in. 

It's a pretty big beast 56" x 72". Gulp. But why not? It's only 12 x 12" blocks, can it be that bad? Famous last words.

All you need is a fat jellyroll...

Jitterbug repro fabric

Oh dear, first problem. I bought a John Louden vintage jelly roll years a go with Rachel at Chilford. It might have even been the first Chilford she went to. They were on special. I put it away and never looked at it again. It's actually only 25 strips. You need 40. D'oh. So for the past year of two I have been collecting the odd repro fat quarter. So now I have 25 fabrics plus the roll. I might not use all of them.

For the white background fabric I intend to use the Egyptian cotton sheeting scraps I picked up from Empress Mills at Birmingham. I have no idea if I have enough but luckily they sell it online! It's lovely and soft, thinner than quilting cotton but lovely to use. I'm not even going to wash it first. I am done with washing fabric. I want my quilts more scrunchy not flat.

Fabric sorted. Part one complete. Are you ready for part two?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel is sending me the pattern. Can't wait to get started!