Sunday, June 20, 2010

Colour Book

Purple GreenRed Orange YellowPink Red

When I was at school, the printmaking teacher made us all create colour books which consisted of us sitting at home with a print stick or that glue that stunk of fish, sticking magazine clippings into our books. I went through an entire back catalogue of Country Living thinking it was a dumb assignment. I've still got my finished book now and I have to admit, it was a pretty good thing. There's no better colour combinations to be found than those you see around you in nature. I sometimes think I just take it in subliminally.

1 comment:

sippity stitch said...

i couldn't agree more. i always think about doing this before i start a project, but am too impatient and never really get around to it. your crotchet examples are just beautiful