Monday, August 15, 2011



Another day, another quilt finally finished.


It's hard to show it as it's so white. It's lovely and soft and all hand quilted. I am very please with it.


I used grandad's pillow case for segments of the main quilt, as well as borders AND binding. I definitely made one pillowcase stretch out.


Apart from the pillowcase, this is my favourite material. I like the white stripes. I think it was an old table cloth.


I am very chuffed that I have managed to finish two big projects. I was starting to think I would never get anything actually finished.


Of course, it wouldn't be me if it didn't have a huge error in it. The above was supposed to show the lovely backing sheet I bought for a quid at Emmaus, but it also shows you that I had to create one of the white panels with some extra white material I had as my £1 white emmaus sheet ran out. Little did I realise until they were all sown up that the white is a different colour! Booo. But I think it fits in with the makeshift nature of the whole thing. This was definitely the cheapest quilt I have ever made... well apart from the original roll of fabric bought from Kim at Worn & Washed.

It's great how differently a roll of Kim's fabric works out based on which bit you choose and what you add to it.


This is the same roll I bought. This is the quilt I originally wanted to make, but along the way I changed my mind, probably when I saw this


I added old sheets and pillowcases, along with some scraps of material from the every growing scrapbag and suddenly the whole colour scheme moved slightly. Anyway, it's done and now I get to start something brand new!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely!